The building started life in 1913 as a 3-story department store, before being transformed into the 6-story USOC headquarters in the early 2000’s. The main level tenant space consists of three separate suites (one unfinished, a mortgage office, and sandwich shop), all at varying floor heights. Upon combining the spaces and connecting all floor levels with a series of low-slope ramps, 11,800 s.f. of raw exposed space with floods of natural light and high volume was left.
USAB desired a modern space with private and open office areas, and flexible pockets to break out for work and fun. A series of glass enclosed private offices set towards the interior of the space, while open office zones and break-out areas hug the perimeter allowing all employees ample access to natural light. Conference rooms and the Break Room connect to the open areas with glazed overhead doors; connecting the entire office visually and, when open, physically. Staff is now able to gather together in the same area to work, collaborate, and play.